Welcome to a new day! Welcome to a new chance to do well, a new chance to succeed, and a new chance to improve. Welcome to another opportunity to chose a good attitude over a bad one. Welcome to Monday!
If you've been reading The Peculiar Treasure for a while, you know that Mug-spiration Monday is a segment all about making sure we live fully, even on days when we don't feel like it.
It's easy to stagger out of bed- particularly on Mondays- dreading the day ahead of us. We don't care how grumpy we are, because we can just use Monday as an excuse, right? If we are late, it must be Monday's fault. If we are irritable, it's because it's Monday. If we are rude, we'll just chalk it up to Monday.
It's interesting though, that we think we can get away with that. I mean, come on. Do we let other's treat us poorly, just because it is Monday? Do we tolerate other's being late? Do we look the other way depending on what day of the week it is? No. Absolutely not.
Look, I know it's difficult. Everyone wants to stay in bed. Everyone wants a few more hours. But we know that is not how it works. We know that life involves working and making money. We know that almost everyone is dragging just as much as we are.
So let's suck it up. Let's decide to thrive, instead of hiding behind the cloak of Monday morning blues. Let's decide that we will use our platform (wherever we work, and whatever we do) to share Christ, to make a difference, and to bring positivity and truth to those around us.
We can make huge strides towards positive change, just by the way we see the world each day. We can accomplish much more when we are thankful for each day, than we can when we are grumpy, stubborn, or on edge.
So how can you make Monday great?
* Be thankful. Chances are, you have a lot more than you realize.
* Be kind. Decide that everyone deserves kindness, not just the one's you like.
* Work hard. Know that the work of your hands will pay off.
* Be a world changer. Know that you have the power to lift someone up, or to tear them down. Choose to build up.
* Don't forget the coffee. Seriously. Go get more.
* Repeat. Remind yourself of these steps as many times as it takes. If you are like me, it will take a whole lot of reminding. That's ok. Keep at it!
Don't fall into the Monday trap. Don't make excuses for yourself. Monday's are not an excuses to half-live. Monday's are not an excuse to be less than your best!